Mother Nature Gives A Heads-Up…It’s Hail Season
March 9, 2019 | Fort Worth, TX – Isn’t it just like north Texas to kick off the hail season? In true form, the first hail storms of 2019 popped up Dallas / Fort Worth but luckily, the damage was slight. No major rash of hail damage claims came from the hail-producing storms that moved through Dallas. The pea to dime-sized hail wasn’t big enough to pack the punch needed to leave dents in automobiles.
What did happen was an early reminder to North Texans that hail season is now upon us.
Severe Weather Preparedness 101
5 ways to prepare for hail season in North Texas
If you live anywhere in Texas, you should always be prepared for the possibility of severe weather. Texas and Colorado are the top 2 states with the most damaging hail occurrences.
Being prepared beforehand is the key to an eventless experience when severe weather strikes.
- Be on alert. In Fort Worth, free text alerts are available from the Office of Emergency Management or by texting your zip code to 888777 or by registering online at nixle.com. Various weather apps that you can download on your phone are also available.
- Have an established safety plan. Nothing compares to that sinking feeling in your gut when severe weather strikes and you have no idea what to do next. This is exactly why you need to have a clear direction for you and your family to avoid panic.
- Weather Radio. Remember those old-school, one button weather boxes your granddad used to have? Yep. That one. For $29.95, we suggest the RunningSnail Solar Crank. It comes equipt with a table lamp & 1W LED flashlight, hand crank self-charge for outages, SOS alarm with flashing red light, and has multiple ways to charge.
- Take cover. Before a hail storm strikes, make sure you have identified areas of shelter for both your family and your vehicles. If you don’t have covered parking or access to covered parking, find some. Places like parking garages and car washes are a good start.
- Have the proper coverage. If you live in DFW, McKinney, Plano, Denton, Frisco, Richardson, Carrollton, Allen, Lewisville, The Colony, Farmers Branch, or any of the other cities in Northern Texas – make sure you have comprehensive insurance coverage. In the last couple of years, hail occurrences in North Texas have become more frequent and intense. Full coverage will cover accidents and collisions but not “Acts of God” or “Acts of Nature.”
Auto Hail Repair in Fort Worth, TX
The Hail Shop USA provides professional auto hail repair to the entire Northern Texas area. If you have hail damage that you need repairing or if you get caught in a hail storm – call the experts at (800)485-9026.